Casal Dos Jordões
In 1870 the Jordoes family began producing wine from terraced vineyards on the slopes above the river Torto but sold it in bulk. In 1994 Arlindo da Costa Pinto e Cruz began bottling his own wines and championed organic port production. Arlindo’s death saw control pass to his daughter Ana who now runs the operation. The ports are deliciously characterful and the reserve typically Portuguese with dark dried fruit flavours and bags of spice.
Vineyard size 32 hectares. Organic since 1994.
To visit the producer’s website click here.